Beginning in late January, the USPTO plans to begin sending courtesy email reminders of upcoming post-registration maintenance filing deadlines to registration owners who have provided a valid email address to the USPTO and authorized email communication. View the full notice at www.uspto.gov/trademarks/notices/reminder_maintenance_filings.jsp, including information regarding eligibility for receipt, the content of the courtesy reminders, and how to opt out of receiving them.
– 5-6 p.m. Networking
– 6-7 p.m. IASL Panel Discussion – Speakers TBA
– 7-8 p.m. Meet the Panel/Break out discussions/networking
Venture Cafe @ Cambridge Innovation Center
4240 Duncan Ave., 2 nd FLOOR – St.Louis, MO 63110 (near HWY 40 and Vandeventer)
Free, ample parking (park on the NW corner of the building); enter on the NW corner
Here is a helpful list of local resources, mostly free, for St. Louis area innovators and inventors, courtesy of Gary Kellman, President of the Inventors Association of St. Louis:
- St. Louis Public Library’s Patent and Trademark Resource Center Free patent and trademark workshops with USPTO assistance. http://www.slplptrc.blogspot.com.
- St. Louis Makes • Free. Nonprofit business commercialization resource for producers of consumer goods and other manufactured products, www.stlouismakes.org. LAUNCHING FALL 2014.
- St. Louis Product Management Group • Free. Join their LinkedIn group. Nonprofit focused on product management, i.e.: how to improve margins and grow sales, www.stlpm.org
- Gateway Venture Mentoring Service • Free. Nonprofit providing startup mentoring, www.innovatevms.org
- Inventors Association of St. Louis • Free. Nonprofit providing resources to inventors. IASL’s meetings are on the 1St Thursday monthly at: Venture Café St. Louis • 4240 Duncan Avenue, 2nd Floor • St. Louis 63110, www.inventstl.org and www.inventorsconnection.org
Annual Business Plan Competitions
- Arch Grants • Cash prizes for startups, www.archgrants.org
- StL Startup Challenge • Cash prizes for startups, https://main.stlpartnership.com/startupchallenge.html
- StartUp Connection StL • Cash prizes for startups, innovation showcase/resource fair, www.startupconnection.org
- ProductCamp St. Louis • Free. Annual product management un-conference, www.productcampstlouis.org
- start30 Meetup • Free. Monthly. Connectivity to additional resources, www.meetup.com/start30
- StartLouis Meetup • Free. Monthly. Connectivity to additional resources, pitch practice, www.meetup.com/startlouis
- Venture Café St. Louis • Free. Weekly. Serendipitous collisions, www.vencafstl.org
- 1 Million Cups St. Louis • Free. Weekly. Televised pitch practice, www.1mcstl.org
Incubators & Venues
- CIC St. Louis • Incubator. Get on their mailing list, http://stl.cic.us/#
- Lab 1500 • Incubator. Get on their mailing list, www.lab1500.com
- T-Rex • Incubator. Get on their mailing list, www.downtowntrex.com
- STLVentureWorks • Incubator network, StL City + County, https://main.stlpartnership.com/stlventureworks.html
- BEGIN New Venture Center at St. Patrick Center • Incubator with a commercial kitchen, www.stlouis-mo.gov/government/departments/sldc/economic-development/business-services/beginnvc.cfm
- TechShop St. Louis • CNC prototyping and maker shop. Opening soon, www.techshop.ws
- Capital Innovators • Nationally ranked top 10 startup accelerator program that provides funding, mentorship, connections, and follow-on opportunities, www.capitalinnovators.com
- Accelerate St. Louis • Free. Online access portal to the StL business growth and innovation community. Includes a regional calendar, www.acceleratestlouis.org
Following on the very successful relaunch of IASL at the launch of the new St. Louis Venture Cafe on October 2, 2014, IASL has announced two more “1st Thursday” events. For Midwest Inventors, this is a great opportunity to network and learn.
Here are the links to register for the events:
Using IPR to troll the troll.
Is it some sort of perverse justice? Report have arisen of a new type of troll, the PTAB troll, that is shaking down successful patent trolls.
Here is the report describing the business model: The Rise of The PTAB Troll
And here is another quite recent one on an even more devious wrinkle: Manipulating Patent Troll Stock Prices
Prior Smart provides extensive worldwide news on IP developments, especially on patents.